For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, OBS Medical (We) or (us) is the “data controller” (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, e-mail address and contact phone number) when you use this website.
We will use your personal data for the purposes described below:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- Statistical analysis;
- Customer profiling;
- Fraud prevention and detection;
- Billing and order fulfilment;
- Customising this website and its contents to your particular preferences;
- To notify you of any changes to the website or our services which may affect you;
- Security vetting; and
- Improving our services;
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you;
- We store your personal data on secure servers;
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology;
- Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
- When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of our website. We do this by placing a “cookie”, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- To recognise you whenever you visit the website;
- To speed up access to this website;
- To store your personal preferences;
- To build a profile about you;
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so the cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
You have the right, subject to payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Put your request in writing;
- Include proof of your identity and your address (e.g. a copy of a your driving licence or passport or a recent utility bill or credit card bill);
- Attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to OBS Medical Limited;
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Put your request in writing;
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details);
- Specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at OBS Medical Ltd, Brook House, 174 Brook Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 4SD, UK, or call (from UK or International) on +44 1235 432 050.
Our registered office is Brook House, Brook House, 174 Brook Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 4SD, UK.